30 September 2015

PCB Mounted and Ready to Go

Leave a Comment
I haven't found a lot of time over the past couple of weeks, still I have managed to finish off the PCB and furnish it with components.

Assembled keyboard interface, with mounted LeoStick
The LeoStick is mounted on some pin headers, leaving height enough for a USB cable to be attached once the PCB is mounted in a case alongside a Raspberry Pi.

Underneath the LeoStick there is also space for a couple of resistors. The LEDs and a Momentary switch are attached to some more headers via some wires, and these will be mounted into the eventual case at convenient locations.

I ended up ordering some Molex connectors suitable for mounting a standard ZX81 membrane keyboard. The ZX8-KDLX I procured earlier is designed to quite happily plug into a ZX81 as a replacement keyboard. Using the Molex connectors rather than say IDC connectors, as could have easily been done, leaves options open if I ever decide to fully embrace the retro and go all membraney.

So now it's on to some case designing, as well as going back and reworking of the Arduino Sketches.


If You Enjoyed This, Take 5 Seconds To Share It